St. Francis of Assisi Church
303 Clark Street, Auburn, NY
St. Hyacinth Church
63 Pulaski Street, Auburn, NY
- Youth should be enrolled in Catholic School or Religious Education for two years (one full year plus the year of the Sacrament) prior to making this Sacrament so that the child can receive adequate basic catechesis so the Sacrament is a free response of faith.
- Families should attend Mass weekly with their child.
- Youth should have reached the age of reason (seven years old)
- Youth should prepare to receive First Penance prior to receiving First Communion.
- Sacramental preparation is seperate from regular Religious Education time
- Sacraments are not based on grade level. Readiness is determined by the catechetical leader, the pastoral administrator, and the parent.
- The Diocese of Rochester’s Sacramental Guide for Parents tri-fold on the Sacrament of First Penance https://www.dor.org/tasks/sites/home/assets/File/EC/PENBRO2.pdf
- FAQ from the Diocese of Rochester
- Helpful links and resources – Don’t remember how to go to confession? Don’t worry click this helpful link and watch the videos on how to go to confession. The priest is always willing to help you through the Sacrament of Reconciliation/Confession as well.
- Regular Weekly Penance/Confession Schedule is as follows:
- St. Francis 8:30 a.m. and 3:00-3:30 p.m.
- St. Hyacinth 4:30-5:00 p.m
Copyright © 2020, Sts Mary & Martha Roman Catholic Parish