St. Francis of Assisi Church
303 Clark Street, Auburn, NY
St. Hyacinth Church
63 Pulaski Street, Auburn, NY
- Youth should be enrolled in Catholic School or Religious Education for two years (one full year plus the year of the Sacrament) prior to making this Sacrament so that the child can receive adequate basic catechesis so the Sacrament is a free response of faith.
- Families should attend Mass weekly with their child.
- Youth should have reached the age of reason (seven years old)
- Youth should prepare to receive First Penance prior to receiving First Communion.
- Sacramental preparation is seperate from regular Religious Education time
- Sacraments are not based on grade level. Readiness is determined by the catechetical leader, the pastoral administrator, and the parent.
- The Diocese of Rochester’s Sacramental Guide for Parents tri-fold on the Sacrament of First Penance https://www.dor.org/tasks/sites/home/assets/File/EC/PENBRO2.pdf
- FAQ from the Diocese of Rochester
- Helpful links and resources – Don’t remember how to go to confession? Don’t worry click this helpful link and watch the videos on how to go to confession. The priest is always willing to help you through the Sacrament of Reconciliation/Confession as well.
- Regular Weekly Penance/Confession Schedule is as follows:
- St. Francis 8:30 a.m. and 3:00-3:30 p.m.
- St. Hyacinth 4:30-5:00 p.m
UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK
In re Diocese of Rochester Case No. 19-20905
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT,
On September 12, 2019, the Diocese of Rochester ("Diocese
") filed for protection under chapter 11 of title 11 of the United States Code (the "Bankruptcy Code
The Bankruptcy Court has established August 13, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (prevailing Eastern time) as the deadline to file proofs of claim against the Diocese (the "Bar Date"). If you have a claim against the Diocese, including, without limitation, a claim related to sexual abuse committed by any person connected with the Diocese, you must file a claim on or before the Bar Date.
Please visit https://case.stretto.com/rochesterdiocese
or call (855) 347-3773 for more information on how to file your proof of claim.
IF YOU DO NOT TIMELY FILE A PROOF OF CLAIM, YOU MAY FORFEIT YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE ON ANY PLAN OF REORGANIZATION AND TO SHARE IN ANY DISTRIBUTIONS MADE TO CREDITORS IN CONNECTION WITH THE DEBTOR'S CHAPTER 11 CASE.
Copyright © 2020, Sts Mary & Martha Roman Catholic Parish